BEFORE we got married, my wife Marowe read this list somewhere and happily gave it to me, telling me that these are The Rules that would govern our marriage. When I read the list, I fainted.
- The female always makes The Rules.
- The Rules are subject to change without prior notification.
- No male can possibly know all The Rules.
- If the female suspects the male knows all The Rules, she will immediately change some or all of The Rules.
- The female is never wrong.
- If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding which was the direct result of something the male did or said wrong.
- If the above rule applies, the male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.
- The female may change her mind at any time.
- The male must never change his mind without the expressed written consent of the female.
- The female has every right to be angry and upset at any time.
- The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to be angry or upset.
- The male is expected to mind-read at all times.
- The male who does not abide by The Rules cannot take the heat, lacks backbone, and is a wimp.
- If the female has PMS, all The Rules are null and void.
Obviously, I’m kidding. These Rules don’t apply to our marriage. (I pray in Jesus’ name.)
But it gives a glimpse of how men and women think differently. Today, I’d like to personally welcome you to our very important (and absolutely hilarious) new series, His & Hers. My thesis? If we really understand and appreciate our differences, we will avoid so many fights and grow closer to each other.
Be deeply encouraged today!
May your dreams come true,